Welcome!

I have been researching my family tree since my paternal grandfather died in 1976. Whilst researching my mother's ancestry I started recording every instance of her maternal grandmother's name FARMERY and so my one-name study was born! I now record every instance of the name I find all over the world, and my database currently contains over 51,600 name events. I am constructing family trees for each family group and try to put distant cousins in touch!

My study covers the FARMERY surname and known variants such as FARMEARY, FARMEREY, FARMARY and FARMERIE, as well as instances of the name being used as a forename rather than surname.


Tuesday 15 December 2009

Christopher John Kirman 1933 - 2009

On Sunday I attended the memorial service at St Margaret's Church in Ridge, Hertfordshire, for Chris Kirman who died July 25th 2009. Chris was the great grandson of John Kirman who married Jane Farmery January 1st 1865 at Covenham St Bartholomew, where Jane was baptised September 18th 1842, daughter of Thomas and Ann (nee Dobbs) Farmery. Thomas was the son of John and Elizabeth (nee Lowis) Farmery and grandson of John and Elizabeth (nee Bell) Farmery of Walesby and therefore Chris was likely a distant cousin of mine and descendant of the Farmery family of Northorpe .

Chris was very supportive of the Farmery one-name study and attended every gathering up to 2007 and his wife Eva could always be relied on to remember to bring tea towels in order to help with the washing up!

No comments: